There was a problem loading comments right now.
Showing 0 comments. Sort by: Newest Oldest.
Age of Innocence (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Ah, the famous Dante. Deep in language and writing in the prose of years gone by, this story speaks of his journey to the core of HELL.
- by Alighieri, Dante.
- The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics) - AbeBooks - Dante Alighieri: ?
- Functional programming and parallel graph rewriting(free web version).
- Teamwork Skills (Career Skills Library) - Third Edition;
- Paperback Editions.
- The Paradiso (Barnes & Noble Classics Series).
Featuring famous painted pictures showing people he knew in agony or bewilderment, the chapters clearly become deeper and dangerous as he nears the bottom. A must read for everyone and anyone, if not to understand the true use language to tell a tale of imagination or truth?
- The Inferno.
- The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics) by Alighieri, Dante?
- Dynamic Dumbell Training (Body Coach Paul Collins).
- Pervasive Computing and Communications Design and Deployment: Technologies, Trends and Applications?
- Frommers Provence and Cote dAzur With Your Family.
- Globalizing de Gaulle: International Perspectives on French Foreign Policies, 1958-1969 (The Harvard Cold War Studies);
- Groundwater Management Practices.
I read part 1 Inferno when I was 20 when an Engineering student, why I don't know. Now that I'm much older and can truly appreciate it I picked it up and read all three of Dante's journeys: Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso.
The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)
Simply beautiful poetry constructed in a manner that makes one deeply think. Although most that haven't read it think it's purely a religious poem he does take potshots at organized religion and focuses more on an intellectual questioning of spiritual life whatever that may mean to each of us. It shows the genius of Dante as a thinker and with the pen. Format: Paperback Verified Purchase. I was always interested in Longfellow's translation of Dante and thought, while I was on rereading Dante for a project, to finally check it out.
- Alternative Splicing and Disease?
- Modern Microbial Genetics, Second Edition.
- You may also be interested in....
- The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics Series)|Paperback!
- Barnes and Noble Classics: The Inferno by Dante Alighieri (, Paperback) for sale online | eBay.
- The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics Series) | The Nile | TheMarket NZ.
- The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics)?
Like Chapman's Homer, it's interesting for its time, but it's never going to be one that one returns to; in the last century plus there are some very good translations, and even those of us who struggle with Italian would rather have any bilingual edition. You won't be in the 9th circle reading this, but you've definitely not made it to Paradiso.
Purchased for high school class. Good price and condition. Visited Italy and this was great to read again before we went. If you like old english style reading, pick up this version of Dante's Inferno by Longfellow. One of the most enjoyable classic in the modern era.senjouin-kikishiro.com/images/linofup/1199.php
The Inferno (Barnes & Noble Classics) | Beirut Shopping
The classics seem to be wasted on the young who have to read for class. Much better as we mature and have a better understanding of life! The book is good just my daughter did not enjoy reading for high school. Customers also viewed these items. The Inferno Signet Classics. Orders usually ship within 1 business days. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required. List this Seller's Books. Payment Methods accepted by seller.
AbeBooks Bookseller Since: May 31, Stock Image. New Condition: New Hardcover. Save for Later.
ISBN 13: 9781593083311
Shipping: Free Within U. With these words, Dante plunges readers into the unforgettable world of the Infernoone of the most graphic visions of Hell ever created. In this first part of the epic The Divine Comedy, Dante is led by the poet Virgil down into the nine circles of Hell, where he travels through nightmare landscapes of fetid cesspools, viper pits, frozen lakes, and boiling rivers of blood and witnesses sinners being beaten, burned, eaten, defecated upon, and torn to pieces by demons.
Along the way he meets the most fascinating characters known to the classical and medieval worldthe silver-tongued Ulysses, lustful Francesca da Rimini, the heretical Farinata degli Uberti, and scores of other intriguing and notorious figures.